The Reef Guide: Fishes, Corals, Nudibranchs & Other Invertebrates : East & South Coasts of Southern Africa
The Reef Guide documents some 800 reef fish and invertebrates found along the east and south coasts of southern Africa. Following on the success of Dennis King's earlier two titles, this impressive new guide features 578 species of fish and includes sections on anemones, starfish, snails, crabs, lobsters and shrimps. Full-color photographs for each species, along with useful and interesting information, make for easy identification. The book offers:
* 578 species of marine fish
* 228 invertebrate species, including corals, nudibranchs, anemones, starfish, crabs, lobsters, worms and shrimps
* full color photos for easy identification
* detailed introductions for each section, with concise descriptions of each species
* illustrations to assist with the identification of fish families While focusing on southern Africa, the book has relevance way beyond and is applicable to the entire east coast of Africa, as well as the islands of the western Indian Ocean - Seychelles, Mauritius, Reunion, Madagascar, the Comoros and the Maldives. Indispensable for divers, snorkelers and rock-pool enthusiasts, as well as fisherman and marine aquarists.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.