« PreviousContinue »
4. Lest mine enemies say I have prevailed against him : for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it. 5. But my trust is in thy mercy :
heart is joyful in thy salvation.
6. I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me: yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.
Or Psalms xxviii. ; xlii.; lxxiii; cxxiii.
Epistle, Sunday before Easter.
Phil. ii. 5.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God; but made himself of no reputation, and took upon
him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men : and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a Name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth ; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Or St. Luke xxii. 24–27, Gos. Wed. before Eas. 1 St. Peter ii. 19, Epis. 2nd Sunday after Easter. St. James i. 17, Epis. 4th Sunday after Easter. 1 St. Peter v. 1, Epis. 3rd Sunday after Trinity. St. Luke xiv. 1, Gos. 17th Sunday after Trinity. St. James i. 1, Epis. St. Philip and St. James. St. Matt. xx. 20. Gos. St. James the Apostle. St. Matt. xviii. 1, Gos. St. Michael.
General Confession. Almighty and most merciful Father ; We have erred, and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against thy holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; And we have done those things which we ought not to have done; And there is no health in us. But thou, O Lord, have mercy upon us, miserable offenders. Spare thou them, O God, which confess their faults. Restore thou them that are penitent; According to thy promises declared unto mankind in Christ Jesu our Lord. And grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake; That we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life, To the glory of thy holy Name. Amen.
Communion of the Sick. Almighty, everliving God, Maker of mankind, who dost correct those whom thou dost love, and chastise every one whom thou dost receive; We beseech thee to have mercy upon this thy servant risited with thine hand, and to grant that he may take his sickness patiently, and recover his bodily health, (if it be thy gracious will ;) and whensoever his soul shall depart from the body, it may be without spot presented unto thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Sunday next before Easter.
Almighty and everlasting God, who of thy tender love towards mankind, hast sent thy Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ, to take upon him our flesh, and to suffer death upon the cross, that all mankind should follow the example of his great humility; Mercifully grant, that we may both follow the example of his patience, and also be made partakers of his resurrection; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
6th Collect at the end of the Communion Service.
Almighty God, who hast promised to hear the petitions of them that ask in thy Son's Name; We beseech thee mercifully to incline thine ears to us that have made now our prayers and supplications unto thee; and grant, that those things, which we have faithfully asked according to thy will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of thy glory ; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
2 Cor. xiii.
grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost, be with us all evermore. Amen.
FORGIVENESS OF ENEMIES OR PERSE
iii. 1. Lord, how are they increased that trouble me : many are they that rise against me.
2. Many one there be that say of my soul : There is no help for him in his God.
3. But thou, O Lord, art my defender : thou art my worship, and the lifter up of my head.
4. I did call upon the Lord with my voice: and he heard me out of his holy hill.
5. I laid me down and slept, and rose up again : for the Lord sustained me.
6. I will not be afraid for ten thousands of the people: that have set themselves against me round about.
7. Up, Lord, and help me, O my God: for thou smitest all mine enemies upon the cheek-bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord : and thy blessing is upon thy people.