« PreviousContinue »
because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts, by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Or, 2 Cor. xii. 7, 8, 9; or Heb. iv. 14, 15, 16.
Visitation Service. O Lord, look down from heaven, behold, visit, and relieve this thy servant. Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy, give him comfort and sure confidence in thee, defend him from the danger of the enemy, and keep him in perpetual peace and safety; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Collect for the Third Sunday after the Epiphany.
Almighty and everlasting God, mercifully look upon our infirmities, and in all our dangers and necessities stretch forth thy right hand to help and defend us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Collect for the Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany.
O God, who knowest us to be set in the midst of so many and great dangers, that by reason of the frailty of our nature, we cannot always stand upright; Grant to us such strength and protection, as may support us in all dangers, and carry us through all temptations; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Sixth Collect at the End of the Communion
Service. Almighty God, who hast promised to hear the petitions of them that ask in thy Son's Name; We beseech thee mercifully to incline thine ears to us that have made now our prayers and supplications unto thee; and grant, that those things, which we have faithfully asked according to thy will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of thy glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
2 Cor. xiii. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost, be with us all evermore. Amen.
IN TIME OF DANGER.
THE DYING CHRISTIAN.
1. The Lord is my shepherd : therefore can I lack nothing
2. He shall feed me in a green pasture : and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
3. He shall convert my soul : and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness, for his Name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil : for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Suitable for an Aged Christian.
Psalm lxxi. 1. In thee, O Lord, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion : but rid me, and deliver me, in thy righteousness; incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
4. For thou, O Lord God, art the thing that I long for: thou art my hope, even from my youth.
5. Through thee have I been holden up ever since I was born : thou art he that took me out of my mother's womb; my praise shall be always of thee.
8. Cast me not away in the time of age: forsake me not when my strength faileth.
10. Go not far from me, O God : my God, haste thee to help me.
14. I will go forth in the strength of the Lord God : and will make mention of thy righteousness only.
17. Thy righteousness, O God, is very high : and great things are they that thou hast done ; 0 God, who is like unto thee.
Or, Ps. xxxix; or, Ps. lxxxviii. 1-6, 9–15.
Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany.- Epistle.
1 John iii. 1, 2. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know, that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Saint Luke the Evangelist.
2 Tim. iv. 5, 6, 7, 8.
Watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an Evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that day, and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
St. John xiv. 1, 2, 3.
Let not your heart be troubled : ye believe in God; believe also in me.
ather's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.