« PreviousContinue »
(One or more of these Collects.)
18t Sunday in Advent. Almighty God, give us grace that we may cast away the works of darkness, and put upon us the armour of light, now in the time of this mortal life, in which thy Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious Majesty to judge both the quick and dead, we may rise to the life immortal, through him who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, now and
Septuagesima Sunday. O Lord, we beseech thee, favourably to hear the prayers of thy people; that we, who are justly punished for our offences, may be mercifully delivered by thy goodness, for the glory of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Saviour, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.
4th Sunday in Lent. Grant, we beseech thee, Almighty God, that we who for our evil deeds do worthily deserve to
be punished, by the comfort of thy grace may mercifully be relieved; through our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
18t Sunday after Easter. Almighty Father, who hast given thine only Son to die for our sins, and to rise again for our justification; Grant us so to put away the leaven of malice and wickedness, that we may alway serve thee in pureness of living and truth; through the merits of the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
218t Sunday after Trinity. Grant, we beseech thee, merciful Lord, to thy faithful people pardon and peace, that they may be cleansed from all their sins, and serve thee with a quiet mind; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
St. Andrew's Day. Almighty God, who didst give such grace unto thy holy Apostle Saint Andrew, that he readily obeyed the calling of thy Son Jesus Christ, and followed him without delay; Grant unto us all, that we, being called by thy holy Word, may forthwith give up ourselves obediently to fulfil thy holy commandments; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Commination Service. O Lord, we beseech thee, mercifully hear our prayers, and spare all those who confess their sins unto thee; that they, whose consciences by sin are accused, by thy merciful pardon may be absolved; through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Communion Service.-5th Collect. Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom, who knowest our necessities before we ask, and our ignorance in asking; We beseech thee to have compassion upon our infirmities; and those things, which for our unworthiness we dare not, and for our blindness we cannot ask, vouchsafe to give us, for the worthiness of thy Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
2 Cor. xiii. The
grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost, be with us all, evermore. Amen.
1. Unto thee, O Lord, will I lift up my soul ; my God, I have put my trust in thee: O let me not be confounded, neither let mine enemies triumph over me.
2. For all they that hope in thec shall not be ashamed: but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion.
3. Shew me thy ways, O Lord : and teach me thy paths.
4. Lead me forth in thy truth, and learn me : for thou art the God of my salvation; in thee hath been my hope all the day long.
5. Call to remembrance, O Lord, thy tender mercies : and thy loving-kindnesses, which have been ever of old.
6. O remember not the sins and offences of my
youth : but according to thy mercy think thou upon me, O Lord, for thy goodness.
7. Gracious and righteous is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
8. Them that are meek shall he guide in judgment: and such as are gentle them shall he learn his
way. 9. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth : unto such as keep his covenant, and his testimonies.
10. For thy Name's sake, O Lord : be merciful unto my sin, for it is great.
11. What man is he, that feareth the Lord : him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
12. His soul shall dwell at ease : and his seed shall inherit the land.
13. The secret of the Lord is among them that fear him : and he will shew them his covenant.
14. Mine eyes are ever looking unto the Lord : for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
15. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me: for I am desolate, and in misery. The sorrows of my
heart are enlarged: 0 bring thou me out of my troubles.
17. Look upon my adversity and misery: and forgive me all my sin.
18. Consider mine enemies, how many they