« PreviousContinue »
7. All deeds, mortgages, discharges, bonds or other Execution of
documents instruments executed in accordance with the powers conferred by this Ordinance by any subordinate lodge or union of lodges shall be sealed with its corporate seal and signed by the presiding officer and secretary of such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges.
8. Each subordinate lodge or union of subordinate Mode of lodges which may be desirous of becoming incorporat- incorporated ed shall and may by a vote of two-thirds of those present at any regular meeting (of the intention to propose such resolution, notice of motion shall be given in the usual manner, provided by the by-laws of such lodge) resolve to become so incorporated and upon a copy of such resolution specifying the name, registered number, the place of location of such lodge and the names of not less than ten of the members of such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges and the seal of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges and the names of its secretary and presiding officer, together with a certificate of the said Grand Lodge under its corporate seal and the hand of its presiding officer and secretary, that such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges is in good standing in the Order, being filed in the office of the Lieutenant-Governor, the members of said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges whose names may appear in said resolution aforesaid and their successors, members of said sul ordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges shall be and become from the date of such filing of said certificate as aforesaid, a body corporate and politic as aforesaid by the style or name and registered number by which it may be designated by the said Grand Lodge and as such shall have common seal with power to make, alter or break the said seal by by-law to that effect approved according to such regulations as may be in force under any rule or by-law of the said Grand Lodge.
Provided however that such certificate of good standing shall not be issued except by special direction or order of the Board of general purposes of the said Grand Lodge.
Treasurer of incorporated Lodge may invest its funds
9. It shall be lawful for the treasurer of
subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges so incorporated, and he is hereby empowered from time to time, by and with the consent of said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges, to be attested in such manner as may be provided by their by-laws to lay out and invest all such sums of money as shall from, time to time, be collected and not required for the immediate exigencies of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges, in real estate or on mortgages, or on public or private stock, or funds, or in such other manner as such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges may direct, and from time to time, with the like consent, to alter, sell, transfer, and discharge such securities, real estate, stocks, or funds, respectively, and otherwise re-invest or dispose of the Same, and all such investments shall be made in the name of such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges; provided always that any such real estate shall not be sold or otherwise disposed of without the consent first had and obtained of the said Board of general purposes of said Grand lodge, such consent to be by resolution passed at a regular meeting of the said Board.
Members not to have power
10. No member of any subordinate lodge or union to assign their of subordinate lodges so incorporated, shall have any lodge property power to assign or transfer to any person or persons
whomsoever any interest which he may have in the property of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges, but the same shall be the property of and remain under the control of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges, respectively, and no property or stock of any kind belonging
to the said incorporated subordinate lodge or union of property, not subordinate lodges shall be subject to the payment of private debt
the private debts of any of its members nor liable to of any member
be taken in execution of any judgment creditors against any member or members of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges.
On dissolution of Lodge property to
11. Should any subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges cease to exist or be dissolved from any cause whatsoever the property real or personal held or vest in Grand
Lodge belonging to said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges shall at once vest in the said Grand Lodge but charged with the payment of the debts of the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges to the full extent of such property.
12. Whenever a debt has been or shall be contract- Lodge may ed by any subordinate lodge or union of subordinate secure
building debt lodges incorporated under this Ordinance for the building, repairing or extending of any building or for acquiring land held by any such lodge under the provisions of this Ordinance or for the purpose of the land on which the same has been or is intended to be erected, any such incorporated Joulge may from time to time secure the debt or any part thereof by a mortgage upon the land or buildings or may borrow money to
the debt or part thereof and may secure the repayment of the loan and interest by a mortgage on such terms as may be agreed upon as hereinbefore provided.
13. Any such lodge so incorporated may from time Lodge may to time lease for any term not exceeding ten years any land held by it under the provisions of this Ordinance at such rates and upon such terms as they may deem reasonable.
14. All subordinate lodges that may become incor-Lodge porated under the provisions of this Ordinance and by laws of
Grand Lodge the members thereof shall from henceforth be and become subject and amenable to the by-laws, rules and regulations of the said Grand Lodge and shall have and exercise all their powers and privileges under this Ordinance, subject to the said by-laws, rules and regulations of said Grand Lodge and not otherwise.
15. When any member expelled or suspended by On expulsion any subordinate lodge or by the said Grand Lodge, ceases to have or in the event of the death or
retirement of any interest in
lodge property any member of the said subordinate lodge, the said member shall cease to have any interest or claim whatever upon the funds or property of the said
subordinate lodge while under such suspension or expulsion; provided that in the case of a suspension such member shall be re-instated to his rights and privileges upon being reinstated or such suspension vacated.
Lodge to be
16. In case the Grand Lodge declare the warrant dissolved from date of of any suborilinate lodge forfeited pursuant to the byGrand Lodge laws, rules, anil regulations of the said Grand Lodge,
such subordinate lodge shall be and be held to be dissolved from the date of the resolution declaring such forfeiture
Members not 17. No officer or men,ber of any subordinate lodge responsible for lodge debt shall be held to be liable or responsible for any debt beyond unpaid dues
or obligation of said subordinate lodge beyond the extent of any unpaid dues or subscriptions owing by him to such lodge.
18. This Ordinance shall be deemed a Public Ordinance.
NO. 35 OF 1895.
AN ORI INANCE RESPECTING THE EXEMP
TION OF THE WAPELLA FLOUR MILL
(Assented to 30th September, 1895.)
Whereas the Trustees of the School District of Wapella Protestant Public School District No. 11 of the North-West Territories agreed with the owners of the Wapella flour mill, that, in consideration of the erection of the said flour mill within the School District, the property of the said mill should be exempted from school taxation for a period of ten years:
And whereas the said Trustees are not empowered to grant such exemption;
And whereas it is desirable that such exemption be granted :
Therefore the Lieutenant-Governer, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories, enacts as follows:
1. The Trustees of the School District of Wapella Protestant Public School District No. 11 of the NorthWest Territories, are hereby empowered to exempt the Wapella Flour Mill property, situated within the said district. from taxation under the provisions of the School Ordinance, for a period of ten years from the First day of October, one thousand eight hundred and ninety-two.