« PreviousContinue »
4. All property already assigned for the maintenance and support of the Catholic Parishes and Missions, may be transferred to any of said Parishes or Missions as incorporated under this Ordinance.
(1) The Patents applied for in the name of the Catholic Missions shall become the property of the said Parishes and Missions to which lands have been donated or granted.
5. The said Corporations shall have the right to appoint one or more attorneys to manage the affairs of the said Corporation.
Statement of 6. Each of said Corporations shall give a writproperty to Lt.-Governor. ten statement of their property when required so
to do by the Lieutenant-Governor of the Territories.
Members not liable for debts of Corporation,
7. No member of said Corporation shall be personally liable for any of the debts, contracts or liabilities of said Corporation.
8. This Ordinance shall be a public Ordinance.
NO. 33 OF 1895.
AN ORDINANCE TO LEGALISE BY-LAW NO.
6 OF THE “ SCHOOL DISTRICT OF THE
[Assenteil to 30th September, 1895.]
Whereas the Board of Trustees of the School Dis- Preamble. trict of the Town of Moose Jaw Protestant Public School District No. One of the North-West Territories" did on the 15th day of May last past pass a By-law intituled “A By-law relating to the issue of debentures of Moose Jaw Public School District No. One of the North-West Territories" and has taken the requisite proceedings thereunder for the purpose of borrowing upon the security of the said School District the sum of $4000.00 for the purpose of building an addition to the present school luilding of the said School District :
And whereas in the said By-law and in certain of Preamble. said proceedings the corporate nome of the said School District has inadvertently been stated as" Moose Jaw Public School District No. 1 of the North-West Territories," in consequence whereof doubts have arisen as to the validity of the said By-law and proceedings thereunder,
And whereas the said Board has petitioned that an Preamble. Ordinance be passed to remove the said loubts and to legalize the said By-law and proceedings thereunder and all proceedings at any time taken by the said Board in which a contraction or variation of the said
corporate name has been substituted therefor, and also to change the said corporate name, and it is expedient to grant the said request ;
Therefore the Lieutenant-Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories, enacts as follows :-
1. It is hereby declared that notwithstanding the name used in the said By-law and in any of the acts and proceedings of the said Board of Trustees thereunder and in connection with the borrowing of the said sum of money by the said School District the said By-law and all such acts and proceedings and all things done thereunder are and shall be as legal and binding in every l'expect upon the said Board and School District and all parties concerned as if the proper corporate name of the said School District had been used therein.
Proceedings declared valid.
2. Ali the acts and proceedings beretofore bad and taken by the said School Board under any contraction or variation of the said fuli and corporate name shall be as valid and effectual to all intents and purposes as if the said corporate name had been used therein
Name of District changed.
3. The corporate name of the said School District shall hereafter be "The Moose Jaw Public School District No. 1 of the North-West Territories.”
NO. 34 OF 1895.
AN ORDINANCE RESPECTING THE INCOR
PORATION OF SUBORDINATE LODGES
(Assented to 30th September, 1895.) Whereas the Grand Lodge of Manitoba Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons, has, by its petition prayed that an Ordinance may be passed to enable the subordinate lodges of the said Grand Lodge in the NorthWest Territories to become incorporated ;
And whereas it is expedient to grant the prayer of said Petition ;
Therefore the Lieutenant-Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories, enacts as follows:-
1. This Ordinance shall come ou into force on, from Short title. and after the tenth day of October, 1895, and may be cited as “ The Masonic Incorporation Ordinance."
2. Each subordinate lodge or union of subordinate Şubordinate lodges of the Grand Lodge of Manitoba Ancient, Free Lodge may and Accepted Masons now holding warrants or that incorporated hereafter may become organized under warrant from said Grand Lodge within the North-West Territories, may, in the manner hereinafter specified be, and become a body politic and corporate by the name and register number by which it may be vlesignated by the said Grand Lodge.
3. Whenever a subordinate lodge or union of sub- May purchase ordinate lodges shall become incorporated as aforesaid, and personal it shall have power to purchase, held, possess, ex
change, and to have to and for the actual use and occupation of the said corporation any real and personal estate, provided that such real estate shall not exceed the sum of ten thousand dollars, and the same to sell, alienate, lease, exchange and otherwise dispose of whensoever the said corporation may deem it expedient so to do, and by the same name, may sue and be sued and prosecute and defend all manner of actions both at law and in equity.
May borrow money and issue debentures
4. The said subordinate lodge or union of subordınate lodges may from time to time borrow money not to exceed in the whole the sum of five thousand dollars for such purposes and upon such terms as it shall think proper and expedient, and may for such purposes, make, execute or issue any mortgages, bonds, debentures or other instruments for securing the repayment of any money borrowed under the seal of said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges.
May appoint officers for
of funds and property
5. Each subordinate lodge or union of snbordinate management lodges shall have power to appoint any of its present
officers, or such other members or officers of the lodge for the management of its funds and property as may ke deemed expedient, to prescribe their duties and to require such security as may from time to time be deemed proper for such officer or officers or any of them for the faithful performance of their respective duties, and may remove them or
any of them at pleasure, and may make and ordain and put in execution such by-laws and rules or regulations as may be deemed necessary for the purpose aforesaid, not inconsistent with the laws of the North-West Territories.
subordiof realty into nate lodge or union of subordinate lodges exceeding in
May sell and convert excess
6. In the event of the real estate of any
vaiue the sums herein before respectively limited by any gift, donation or devise to such subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges, such gift, doration or devise shall not lapse or be forfeited but the said subordinate lodge or union of subordinate lodges shall be capable of holding the same and may sell and convert the same into personalty.