« PreviousContinue »
verbal agreement, made before or at the plaintiff to the defendant during
.238 matter is presumptive evidence of
identity of person.
recorered. The New York and Har-
.id the same fact against such vendee,
upon proof being made of the facts
.id tuting such cause of action is suffi-
cient evidence thereof. .... .....id
the part of a notary in endeavoring 14. The record of such recovery
.411 stated the same facts to impeach the
good faith and validity of said deed
for the sale of goods, wares and is of no effect as evidence for either
to be thereafter effected, it is not
Books OF ACCOUNT.
Vide New TRIAL, 1, 3, 6.
1. Held, carriers and not forward-
Vide EVIDENCE, 10, 14.
JUDGMENT, I, 2.
Vide EVIDENCE, 10, 11.
1. Express company receiving goods,
1. Admissibility of cotemporaneous
FRAUDS, STATUTE OF.
1. Where, by a written and sealed
FACTORS AND AGENTS,
2. R, in such a case, is not bound to his complaint or by supplemental
5. A deed by one who at the time of
making it is largely in debt, made
cuted without consideration, though
.id fact that such grantor was insolvent
and unable to pay his debts. New
pany v. Kyle and Earle, .......587
on the part of the charterers, that
payment of freight. Advances made
under the first stipulation, where
the voyage is in part performed, are
at the risk of the charterers, volun-
tarily placed by them at the hazard
of the voyage, and are to be deem-
ed freight earned, and not liable to
be refunded, though the vessel is
afterwards lost. Kinsman v. The
New York Mutual Insurance Com-
2. Where the service has been in
part performed, and the owner vol-
untarily receives the goods at an in-
termediate port, to which the vessel
is driven by perils of the sea, freight
pro rata itineris is earned and may
Vide ASSIGNMENT, 1.
1. Where notes are pledged as secu-
2. An Insurance Company cannot be
2. The uniform custom and habit of
1. An insurer of passage money, gen-
2. Insurance of passage money, gen-
3. Mere delay of arrival is not ground
the premises insured, and that the
6. It is no defense or ground for ex-
4. Where a policy of insurance upon
Bosw.—Vol. V. 93
7. By force of the agreement be-
8. In an action upon a marine policy