Metric Units and Conversion Charts
Metric Units and Conversion Charts A Metrication Handbook for Engineers, Technologists, and Scientists Second Edition Why waste your valuable time hunting for conversion factors, symbols, and units? With this handbook, you can convert from one measurement system to any other by means of 62 conversion charts covering almost every field of science. The charts are based on values published by the foremost authoritative sources such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE). The charts are universal, and so conversions can be made quickly and confidently. This much-expanded second edition has the following features:
* The charts make a clear distinction between SI and other metric units by identifying SI units by red boxes.
* Official symbols of all SI units are given, along with the name of the unit.
* The recommended symbols for quantities are shown at the top of each chart.
* A new chapter on mass, force and gravity explains how the units of force were established.
* For introductory courses, chapters are included explaining quantity equations and numerical equations, together with worked-out examples.
* For classroom work, over 100 review questions, together with answers.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
energy calorie units
moment of inertia
6 other sections not shown
1994 Sperika Enterprises amount of substance ampere angular velocity arrow base quantities base units BIPM Calculate calorie candela Celsius Celsius temperature CGPM CIPM coefficient constant conversion charts Copyright cubic meter decibel definition degree Celsius derived unit diameter electric electromotive force Example Fahrenheit field level difference field ratio force F force of gravity free fall horsepower joule kelvin kilogram kilogram-force kilonewton kilopond length magnetic flux magnitude measurement meter per second mi/h millimeter multiples and submultiples neper newton numerical equation numerical value ounces physical quantity poids et mesures pound pound-force poundal power level difference power ratio pressure pure number quantity equation radius rest mass rights reserved second squared Solution speed Sperika Enterprises Ltd square centimeter square inch square meter standard steradian symbols system of units temperature interval terms of base thermodynamic temperature unit we want voltage watt weber Wb yard